Thursday, February 12, 2009

Wrapping up 2008, finally.

2008 in words:

Dreams, dreaming big. Extractions, braces, dental appointments. People - Sengkang One girls, Sengkang leaders, leaders, acquaintances, friends, close friends. Bean friend (Java Chippies to be?), Whinypig friend, childhood friend, long time friends, missing in action friends. Bangkok, a whole lot of shopping and walking, embarrassing photographs, Abby. Ministry Cell, transparency, Baby Peter. Polite, outings, laughter, great photo taking ambitions. Day trip to JB, shopping, cab rides, scrumptious dinner. THE BESTEST BIRTHDAY SURPRISE :) Year 2, assignments, stress, mad rushes. Gloria left for Georgia. 21st Birthday parties - Charles, Nicky, Cho. Terese joined me in leadership! Eunice and Kimmie graduated (still feels unreal). Swimming with my Whinypig friend. Timbre@Substation, underaged. Family - Lunches, Dinners, High-Teas, Celebrations, Year End Retreat :) Army Enlistments. P6 Ministry, naughty boys, crazy outings, absolutely great kids and leaders. Riverlife Kindergarten Concert. ORD LO. KL Trip with Mom. Foo family bungalow. Megalife Camp, tears, breakthroughs, Siervo Stewards. 

Words aren't even enough. Those were based on my planner. I've not even begun on my journals, and my walk with God. I'll leave that to my personal time. 

2008 was my first "beyond words" year.

And there is a reason why my birthday was so significantly significant. Those who were there should understand and know why. (No, not for reasons you're all thinking about. Don't think I don't know!) But it left me speechless, extremely thankful for such blessings and joyful because I celebrated my 18th year with people I love and appreciate :) 

I remember thinking on 31st December last year, that I didn't know how to sum up the year and I acknowledged I wasn't ready for a new year. But I couldn't hold time back so there came 2009. 

Although I've struggled, fought and had to endure tedious and tiring days so far, it has never felt so rewarding :) 

Serving God has been much more rewarding than I expected. I've been drawing strength and joy from leading the kids and the girls. Welcoming new girls into SK1 was unfamiliar yet.. so exciting! I do miss my P6 kids though. I'll make it up by loving enough. 

I know God is here. He has been here through my sleepless nights and internal struggles. 

He promised me a year of fruitfulness. And I'm holding onto the promise, believing with all my heart that He can do it for me.

There is so much ahead of me, for me. There is, for you too.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home